Netcomm NB5 Ethernet Setup
- Please first ensure that you have connected your modem correctly. This involves:
a) Connecting the modem to your computer via the supplied Ethernet cable. The ETH/ACT light should be on. If the light does not come on, make sure your network port is enabled. b) Connecting your phone line to the modem. The DSL Link light should be on. This may take a minute once the cable is connected. If you have a phone connected to the same phone line, this phone should be connected via a micro filter.
- Open Internet Explorer
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
- Internet Explorer will launch and display the dialog below. If you experience trouble viewing this dialog, your browsers proxy settings may need disabling.
In the Username field type admin followed by typing admin again in the Password field. Then click Log In.
- The account details dialog box will appear as shown below.
Enter all details as shown above except the User ID and Password which are specific to your account. If you are unsure of these details, please check your service summary sheet provided with your modem.
After you have entered all details, click Connect.
- The NB5 ADSL modem will attempt to connect using your account details.
Please wait while this process takes place.
- The connection information dialog will appear as shown below.
The above dialog indicates you are now connected to iPrimus Broadband.
NOTE: If the NB5 ADSL modem fails to make a connection using your account configuration, the dialog below will appear.
This indicates you have entered the username and or password incorrect. To attempt configuring your NB5 ADSL modem again, click OK.
If you are still experiencing problems, the iPrimus Technical Support hotline can be contacted on 1300 85 11 85.
- To save your account configuration to the NB5 ADSL modem, click Save Settings as shown below.
The modem will now save your configuration.
- Your NB5 ADSL modem is now configured and ready to surf the net. If you experience problems viewing webpages, a restart of your computer maybe required.