The frequently asked question section will be able to assist you with common problems relating to issues you maybe experiencing with your Internet applications.
Please select a link from the left regarding the area you require assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I get Spam that isn't addressed to me, how does this get to me?
- How long does it take to provision my ADSL?
- Is this 0198 number a local call?
- I've got heaps of spam! What can I do?
- Why can't I open my attachments in OE 6?
- What are my download account limits?
- Why does my computer keep counting down from 60, and rebooting?
- Why am I uploading a lot of data? What is on my PC?
- What are the dial up settings?
- Do I need to use username@primusdsl or email@example.com?
- How do I delete a secondary email account?
New Customer FAQ:
- What access plans does Primus offer?
- Do you provide free technical support?
- Can I have a personal Web page with Primus?
- Can I have more than one e-mail address?
- Is it a local call to connect to Primus?
- How can I join Primus?
- Can Primus help me get online?
- What are the ways I can pay for my Primus account?
- What hardware do I need to connect to the Internet?
- Can I connect to iPrimus using an Apple computer?
- Do I need a telephone line to connect to Primus?
- Does my computer need to be connected to a telephone line when I connect to Primus?
- Can I connect to the Internet if I have only one telephone line?
- What type of modem do I need to connect to Primus?
- Can I dial into Primus from anywhere in Australia?
- Can I join Primus if I already have an Internet service provider?
- Do all Internet programs work with Primus?
What hardware do I need to connect to the Internet?
What access plans does iPrimus offer?
Our comprehensive range of access plans is designed for every type of Internet user. Please read our plans list for further details.
Do you provide free technical support?
Yes. All our customers are entitled to free technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please refer to our contact us page.
Can I have a personal Web page with iPrimus?
Yes. All our customers are given a free personal Web page. FrontPage Server Extensions make it easy to publish your Web page. For Technical Support guides and information regarding how to publish your web pages, please visit the Personal Web Page articles.
Can I have more than one e-mail address?
All our standard dial-up access plans allow you to have more than one e-mail address. Use additional addresses for your family or business correspondence.
Is it a local call to connect to iPrimus?
Primus has local access numbers in cities throughout Australia. If an iPrimus access point is in your local call area, then connecting to iPrimus will be just the cost of a local call. Please read our list of local access numbers to find out if an iPrimus access point is in your local call area.
How can I join iPrimus?
You can join iPrimus on the Web, using the iPrimus Internet Access Kit CD, or over the telephone. Please refer to our contact us page, and our sales team can provide you with a CD or get you online over the telephone.
Can iPrimus help me get online?
Yes. Call iPrimus, and we can help get your computer ready to connect to the Internet.
What are the ways I can pay for my Primus account?
You can pay for your iPrimus account either on a GlobeTalk telephone bill, or by credit card. A GlobeTalk bill can be paid for by cheque, credit card, money order, BPAY or at any Post Office.
You will need a standard personal computer, a modem and a telephone line. We recommend at least a Pentium class processor with Windows 95, a CD-ROM, 16 megabytes of RAM, and a 28.8kbps modem.
Can I connect to iPrimus using an Apple computer?
Yes. Our network is compatible with all computers which use the PPP protocol, including all Apple computers. Our technical support team is able to provide support for customers with Apple computers. We recommend that your Apple uses MacOS 7.5.3 or higher.
Do I need a telephone line to connect to iPrimus?
Yes. Connecting to iPrimus requires a telephone line.
Does my computer need to be connected to a telephone line when I connect to iPrimus?
Yes. Your computer must have a modem which is plugged into both a telephone line and your computer.
Can I connect to the Internet if I have only one telephone line?
Yes. Only one telephone line is needed to connect to the Internet. You can connect to iPrimus using the phone line normally used for voice telephone calls.
What type of modem do I need to connect to Primus?
iPrimus supports modem speeds from 28.8kbps up to 56kbps. If you are using a 56kbps modem it must support either the v.90 or K56flex protocols. The speed you can connect to iPrimus depends on the quality of your telephone line.
Can I dial into iPrimus from anywhere in Australia?
Yes. iPrimus has access points in cities throughout Australia. Please check our full list of access points for the latest locations and telephone numbers.
Can I join Primus if I already have an Internet service provider?
Yes. If you already have an Internet service provider, and would like to get online with iPrimus as well, we can help you connect to iPrimus while keeping your existing connection.
Do all Internet programs work with iPrimus?
Yes. Any program which is designed to be used on the Internet will work with the iPrimus network.