These are the basic settings needed to setup your iPrimus email address in a mail client.
- Email address: [email protected]
- Username: username (only the first part of your email address)
- Password: your email password
- Incoming server: pop.iprimus.com.au
- Incoming server port: 110
- Outgoing sever: smtp.iprimus.com.au
- Outgoing server port: 25
- SSL: disabled
- SPA (Secure Password Authentication): disabled
- Leave a copy of messages on the server: disabled
POP vs IMAP
We recommend setting up your mail client using POP and configuring it to remove emails from the mail server once downloaded. This is to avoid exceeding your mailbox storage limit by keeping a copy of emails on the iPrimus mail server.
|POP||Downloads emails to your device||Once email is downloaded to one device, other devices will not get a copy|
|IMAP||Two-way syncing between device and server, allowing multiple devices to be used||Mailbox storage limit will be exceeded|